Our Business Lines And Trading Names
We may also give your information to and obtain it from others, including other business divisions of Pacific International Insurance Pty Ltd (although we are not obliged to), our suppliers, and others within the Insurance industry, including the Insurance Claims Bureau where records of claims are kept.
Your Privacy And Our Website
You can browse our website without providing any personal information. We are committed to ensuring the privacy, security, and the confidentiality of all the information we hold. We do not try to identify people using our website through their browsing history.
What Is Personal Information?
It is the information about a living individual, as long as that individual can be identified. The information which we collect, hold, use may include, but is not limited to your name, address, date of birth, gender, contact details and your insurance history.
PD Insurance will use information about you and your pet in the following manner:
- to establish whether we can provide cover to your pet in accordance with our policy
- to determine the terms and conditions that will apply in accordance with our policy
- for an ongoing basis, to service the policy
- to review any claims made and/or paid (including historical claims).
You further authorise PD Insurance or any other person(s) as nominated by you to utilise the above information for any of the following additional reasons:
- for the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud including instances where we reasonably suspect fraud.
- to conduct analysis and research in respect of the above; and
- where required or permitted by NZ law.
Collection Of Information
We are authorised by you to collect information about you and your pet for insurance purposes, directly from:
- your vet; and
- any other third party, including other insurers, any other party in accordance with the law as authorised by you or your nominated representative.
Wherever possible, we collect information directly from you. Collection of information from you will occur when you contact us to request that we provide a product or service. We may continue to collect your personal information during our relationship. Your communications with us may be monitored and recorded. This is so we can improve our service, to ensure compliance with our policies and procedures, and to provide evidence of a particular transaction if necessary.
There may be occasions when we collect your personal information from a third party. We do this when it is authorised by the Act, for example when it is impossible or impracticable to collect information from you, or when you consent to us collecting information from someone else.
What happens if you do not give us your personal information?
If we ask for your personal information and you don’t give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with any, some, or all of the features of our products or services available to you. We may not be able to accept or process a claim or make claim payments.
From time to time, your personal information may be provided to third parties, such as other Insurance’s partners, agents, contractors, or other service providers.
We may use and disclose information only in connection with our lawful purposes, functions, and powers to any other parties where authorised or required to do so;
- information technology providers, such as hardware/software vendors, parties who we have business arrangements with, programmers; member or market research organisations;
- intermediaries such as your agent (as applicable), adviser, broker, a representative acting on your behalf, other New Zealand Financial Services Providers, or our own authorised representatives and agents;
- reinsurers, financiers, other insurers, financial institutions, and the insurance industry (including the Insurance Claims Register), credit agencies, loss assessors, financiers, and investigative service providers;
- companies that are affiliated with us;
- any other parties as required by law, who have an interest in your insurance, or we consider appropriate to evaluate and administer any insurance and/or claims;
- government, law enforcement, investigators, recovery agents or statutory bodies;
- in the case of a relationship with a corporate partner such as a bank or credit union, the corporate partner, and any new incoming insurer;
- legal, accounting, finance, and other professional advisers;
- administration or business management services;
- printers, mail service and delivery providers;
- imaging and document management services;
- data modelling and research services;
- external dispute resolution schemes.
Security Of Your Information Held By Us:
In accordance with our obligations as noted in the NZ Privacy Act 1993, we take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is kept safe from loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure and/or misuse.
Access And Correction Of Information
You may at all times have access to and request corrections or amendments of any of your personal information held by us by contacting us at [email protected].
We undertake our best commercial endeavours to ensure that the information collected, stored, used, or disclosed by or to us about you is accurate, complete, and up to date.
You agree to notify us of any changes to your contact details as soon as possible, will assist us to do this. If we do not have your correct contact details, we may not be able to provide information about the policy to you.
Personal Information You Can Provide Voluntarily
You can voluntarily provide personal information through our website to access our services and to engage with our staff. We will use the information we collect and share it with third parties only as specified.
When you fill out a feedback form online, your message may be stored and analysed to improve our website or services. The information you provide may be seen by staff, and by contracted or third-party site administrators responsible for website administration, maintenance, or other related services.
Information may also be stored in a secure database by a third party acting on our behalf.
Direct Marketing And Your Privacy
Where permitted by law or with your consent, we may contact you by telephone, normal mail, email, electronic messages such as SMS, and via other means with promotional material and offers of products or services from us, our related companies, that we consider may be relevant and of interest to you. Where we contact you as a result of obtaining your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by calling our Contact Centre on 0800 738 467 or by email at [email protected].
In circumstances where we can lawfully send you offers and promotions, if you do not want to receive such offers from us (including other insurance product or service offerings) or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related and group companies for marketing purposes, you can opt-out at any time. To opt-out you can send an email to [email protected] with your request or call us on 0800 738 467.
You can also click the “unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us.
We do not use sensitive information for marketing purposes or provide that information to any third parties for marketing.
How Long We Hold Your Personal Information
We hold your personal information as long as necessary to achieve the purpose that it was collected for, or as required by law.
Our Contact Centres
We collect personal information when you use our phone and email contact centres. We will not use your email address or other details to contact you or give them to anyone else unless we consider it necessary for a lawful purpose. In that situation, we would assess any relevant privacy considerations.
We monitor, analyse, and audit our online systems and information to maintain security. We may use information about your use of our website or other IT (information technology) systems to prevent or resolve unauthorised access or attacks, even if you were not directly involved. We may use third party suppliers to do this.
Contacting Us About Access To And Correction Of Your Personal Information
PD Insurance aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. If you would like to seek access to, or revise your personal information, or feel that the information we currently have on record is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] with your request, by calling us on 0800 738 467.
Feedback And Complaints
We are committed to providing you with excellent and timely service and welcome your feedback – whether positive or negative – on our service. We do our best to resolve complaints promptly and fairly, however if you are not satisfied, you may also contact the Privacy Commissioner.
We will attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with our internal disputes’ resolution process. You can learn more about our Complaints Process by clicking here.
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint or with the way that PD Insurance has handled your complaint, you may be able to refer the matter to the Privacy Commissioner at:
Making a Complaint: Office of the Privacy Commissioner