Who / what is pd.co.nz
- PD Insurance (pd.co.nz) is a globally experienced insurance provider based in Auckland.
- It offers flexible and innovative dog and cat health cover to those who consider pets a part of their family.
- pd.co.nz entered New Zealand in August 2020 and is underwritten by Pacific International Insurance, which on launch had already operated in New Zealand for 20+ years.
- pd.co.nz’s local heritage combined with the weighty global backing of parent company Badger International means it has the credibility and experience to deliver high quality insurance that’s tailored to the local market.
- pd.co.nz employs a local team of animal lovers with vast industry experience, who provide support such as sales, marketing, and operations.
- The two brand pillars pd.co.nz stands strong on are: Simplicity (in service delivery) and Soft Landings (providing a gentle landing in a time of need).
The pd.co.nz difference
- Through Pacific International Insurance, pd.co.nz is its own underwriter – which enables it to make speedy claims decisions and payments.
- pd.co.nz offers one month’s premium free to anyone who buys online.
- pd.co.nz provides its members with the ultimate flexibility with a month-to-month payment model. They aren’t locked into a contract so can cancel at any time without penalty.
- pd.co.nz offers third party liability protection – financial cover if your pet causes loss of or damage to someone else’s property, or death or bodily injury.
- pd.co.nz is a hub for pet parents, providing education on training, raising and caring for pets as well as animal welfare. It builds relationships with pet parents through a high-engagement model, including regular knowledge sharing via avenues such as its blog and social media (e.g. Facebook).
- pd.co.nz is the proud Principal Partner of Healthy Pets New Zealand, which was established by the New Zealand Veterinary Association’s Companion Animal Branch in 1998 to draw attention to the ‘big health and welfare issues of Kiwi pets’.
The core of pd.co.nz
- pd.co.nz is built on an efficient digital model. This means simple policies, simple quoting and simple claims. Easy.
- The insurance specialist offers three quality, affordable pet insurance plans to compare and choose from: Accident, Classic and Deluxe.
- A month-to-month payment model with no lock-in contracts enables pd.co.nz members to easily trial a plan and reduce or increase their cover as needed.
- pd.co.nz prides itself on ‘fast and fair’ claims resolution with claims paid within two business days of all necessary documentation being received via its 24/7, easy to use online portal.
Why pet owners should consider insurance
- Insurance enables pet owners to get top quality care for pets without hesitation.
- $313 is the average vet bill for a cat and $685 for a dog. Can Kiwis afford this? What about a not-uncommon surprise bill of thousands of dollars?
- Pet insurance offers pet parents peace of mind to make easy, quick, care-based decisions around their fur baby’s health, without worrying about the cost.
pd.co.nz giving back
- In addition to giving back through providing education to pet owners and vets via its online channels and the media, pd.co.nz has a close relationship with Healthy Pets New Zealand as its Principal Partner.
- The charity was established by the New Zealand Veterinary Association’s Companion Animal Branch in 1998 to draw attention to the ‘big health and welfare issues of Kiwi pets’.